Thursday, September 17, 2009

If You Could Turn Back Time...


Here's a picture I took this morning of my daughter's first day at preschool. She's 3 years old and today is her first day of a very long (and hopefully fruitful) journey into formal education. This provided me with some pause to think about if I could go back, and as Cher so eloquently put it, 'turn back time' to when I first started preschool (and I'm still going over 3 decades later!!!), knowing what I know now about schools and how they function as a system, would I do anything different?

Would you?

What advice would you give Tia as she begins...


See you tomorrow morning,
Chris

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure what I would change in the formal education system, but working at summer camp all summer for the kidlets I would tell Tia to have SO much fun, get really messy during arts and crafts, ask lots of questions and eat her lunch/snack in a reasonable time...don't take more than 20 mins because then all the other kids will be waiting for you!!! I hope she totally loves pre-school

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Tia's age (great name by the way!) I would just say to ENJOY! The younger you start enjoying the whole process of learning the more able you will be to deal with the challenges that eventually come with it. How many of us wish everyday that we could go back to preschool, she is living the dream right now! She can deal about the tougher parts of school later, just like we all did, it's part of the process, but right now all she has to do is PLAY! So this is me telling her to have FUN, FUN, FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by how much glitter glue she got on her preschool dress, I'd say she took both your advice, and had tons of fun. I'm sure she managed to learn something along the way.
    Thanks,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete