Monday, November 16, 2009

E-Portfolio Idea Sharing Fest

Hi!

So our next three e-portfolio entries aren't exactly looming yet, but lots of other assignments are and I was thinking lets share ideas of how we can use our assignments as e-portfolio artifacts. Maybe it's killing two birds with one stone, but I think it is also good to reflect on these assignments rather than the old undergrad style of get it finished, hand it in, forget about it.
Everyone with me? Awesome.
Our 401 papers for example. Those took a lot of research, thought and effort. Mine was on Emotional Competency education so I'm thinking of using it under K3 (knowledge of child development and contextual influences).
Any other ideas??

Happy Monday/401 Studying,
Justine

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I was also thinking of K3 for our 401 papers. For K-4 (knowing many ways to teach and learn) it might be a good idea to combine all the teaching strategies that we are learning about in seminar right now... reflecting on ones we like and that work well?!

    Thats all I got for now....

    -Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think the 401 papers will be good to use. In my EDCI336 tech class, I have a multimedia project due next week and that could be used under K5. I also plan on using the microlesson as another reflection (P2?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I agree with both of you, I think we could definitely use the teaching strategies lessons!
    Also, I'm not sure about you guys, but in my methods classes we are putting together big unit plans - I'm sure those would work well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the technology class that many of us are taking we are working on a website and video project just now. I am planning to add either the website or the video to my e-portfolio.

    I think that excerpts from the Philosophy summaries and comments each week could be a good one. Maybe on teaching reflection. They show a changing perspective on the role of teachers and reflection on teaching practices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For our methods class we have to write a unit overview and two lesson plans. These could work for K2: Teachers should demonstrate knowledge about educational system (local and national) and appropriate curriculum documents.

    Our psych of adolescence reflections can also work for K3 especially the first one where we touched on child development within a cognitive and socioemotional context.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For P2: Teachers should demonstrate systematic analysis of teaching experiences drawing on contextual variables and personal reflection, perhaps we can use our ePortfolio reflections?

    ReplyDelete