Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alternative Site Visits

As per my last email from Monday, I'd like everyone to engage in an 'alternative' site visit to examine the type of learning that occurs outside of a traditional classroom context. I suggested that you go out in triads in order to decrease the load on the individual, however, you may also go in singles, and pairs, if that works best for you. You have the equivalent of 2 class sessions in order to do your site visit (no class Dec. 4th & 8th).

1.Visit the Moodle to see a list of possible destinations.
File name: alternative_placement_list_2009.doc located in the folder "Files" on left hand margin under "administration". Let me know where you plan to visit.
2. Make sure you contact your chosen site to arrange the necessary times/dates/permissions...etc.
3. Refer to the attachment from my last email which details a more focus look at the alternative site visit.
See you on the 11th.
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Hey Chris under administration in my Moodle account is grades and profile. There is no folder called Files. Could you please make sure you made the folder available to everyone and not just administration or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check that. I don't have access to "Administration" either....Chris, perhaps you could email us or copy & paste onto the Blog?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to moodle and scroll down to #2 - Practicum information and click on the career related articles folder it's in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we be sure that the file you point to, Rebecca, is the right one? It was made last year and lists a number of organizations that aren't exactly "alternative places of learning"...they are more like social or environmental service orgs.

    Anyhow, I don't particularly have a preference one way or another for a location...I'm game for a Monday (back in time for 11:30 class) or Tuesday visit somewhere (back by 10am class). Does anyone want to meet me somewhere? Name a location-I'll meet you there. Reply to eBlog, sarafyke@gmail.com, or H.250-294-0669 (gone today but back Friday).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good catch Sara, not sure that's just the only one I found.

    ReplyDelete